Legal bases for processing of your personal data
We have included information about how we process your data, and here we’re explaining the basis on which we do so:
- Where you sign up for any of our products or services, we process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you;
- We may process your personal data where an EU law requires us to;
- If we have a legitimate interest in processing data, such as for direct marketing or research purposes; or
- We will also process your personal data where you have provided us with consent to do so.
Your additional rights under the GDPR
The GDPR also gives you additional data protection rights and you may request the following from us, subject to legal exceptions and limitation, as provided in the GDPR:
- To confirm with us if your personal data is being processed by us, certain other information about that processing and a copy of your personal data undergoing said processing.
- To ask us to erase your personal data;
- To request us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data;
- To correct any personal data that is incorrect or incomplete;
- To object to our processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances for compelling and legitimate reasons, if we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- To object to any automated decision-making based on your conduct, such as analytics for direct marketing conducted by us. We perform automated processing when using cookies placed on third party websites for web audience measurement, which measure how you interact with and use different publishers’ websites, or to analyze TV viewing habits where you participate in one of our research communities, and from our panelists;
- To refuse or withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time without any adverse negative consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your personal data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected;
- To complain to the national data protection authority in your country of residence.
If we collect and process your personal data to fulfill products and services you request or to meet contractual terms, we may not be able to fulfill your request or our contractual commitments without such personal data. Where you seek to exercise a right, we may request additional information from you to help us verify you and to help us respond to your request. Click here to learn more about how to exercise your Data Subject Rights.
We use automated processing for marketing and media research and for measuring advertising. Our methods of conducting this form of processing include: collecting data from our tagging technologies, measuring ad placement, viewability, user engagement, brand safety and audience size; obtaining television viewership information from satellite, telecommunications and cable operators covering set top boxes and Video on Demand (VOD) viewership; measuring gross receipts and attendance information from movie theaters. Web audience internet usage and TV viewing information and survey results are used together with information from millions of other research panel members to create research reports on Internet trends, TV viewing habits, e-commerce and mobile device activities. In most cases, this information is pseudonymized and/or anonymized and will not identify you by name or household. In some instances, we utilize longitudinal behavior data for an ID to infer audience segment (interest and demographic) membership for use in our reporting. This is a probability and not a direct read of this.
Data Protection Officer Contact Information
Louis Zwager, Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comscore B.V., Herikerbergweg 280, 1101 CT Amsterdam, the Netherlands