Global Tax Director
Job Title: Global Tax Director
Location: Reston, VA
The Global Tax Director position is a full-time employment position in our Reston, VA office. The Director is an integral member of the Comscore finance department who provides leadership and management of our global tax compliance, tax reporting, and tax forecasting functions. The Director will work closely with and report directly to the Senior Vice President, Controller. Individuals seeking a challenging, multi-faceted position in a fast-paced work environment will enjoy the diverse responsibilities of this role.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the annual and quarterly global income tax provision process in accordance with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes, including the identification and analysis of local country tax issues, book/tax differences, tax forecasting, and uncertain tax positions.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax footnote disclosures for SEC financial reporting and supporting tax memorandums.
- Oversee all U.S. Federal and state income tax compliance, including tax returns, estimated payments, income/franchise tax audits, tax research and any related analysis/planning.
- Oversee the preparation of foreign information returns (e.g. Forms 5471, 8858, etc.) and other international tax reporting (e.g. GILTI, etc.) as required.
- Oversee the coordination/preparation of all international income tax returns, including a review of the return to provision calculations to identify the tax impact to the financial statements.
- Oversee the indirect tax function, which includes sales and use tax, property tax, franchise and other business taxes, as well as VAT, GST and other international taxes.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of domestic and foreign tax planning opportunities to minimize both US GAAP and cash taxes.
- Assist with analyzing the income tax impact and reporting requirements for special transactions, such as acquisitions, dispositions, and restructuring.
- Oversee the completion and review of all transfer pricing documentation requirements, including review of the quarterly and annual transfer pricing calculations.
- Identify best practices and process improvement opportunities including but not limited to use of technology for data collection and analysis.
- Actively monitor changes to US and foreign tax laws and regulations in order to determine the financial statement impact.
- Manage the coordination of SOX reporting and controls, including working with tax and other finance personnel to update and maintain the tax department policies and procedures for all income tax processes.
- Maintain positive working relationships with members of the finance department and other Comscore stakeholders and provide support where necessary.
- Manage, coach, and lead a small team of tax professionals.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/FinanceCPA and/or Masters Degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of income tax experience
- Proven experience with complex tax concepts applicable to public corporations
- ASC 740 preparation and analysis
- International tax concepts, including a working knowledge of transfer pricing
- Experience with tax research and tax compliance software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms.
With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Global Tax Director
Req ID: 22724
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.登录