- Cet évènement est terminé -
Though 2020 has brought unexpected challenges, it has certainly accelerated existing industry initiatives aimed at advancing cross-platform video measurement.
This year’s Summit will continue the ongoing conversations around the state of cross-platform measurement and advancing the use of granular TV from the point of view of marketers, media companies and media buying agencies.
Lessons in Creating Scaled and Representative Granular TV Datasets
David AlgranatiChief Product Officer
Howard Shimmel of Janus Strategy & Insights and Gerard Broussard of Pre-Meditated Media have just completed a study for CIMM on Best Practices in Combining Smart TV and STB Data. As TV measurement begins to rely more on Return Path Data, both sources are complementary, and when combined, can help to create more nationally representative “census-like” TV tuning datasets.
After an overview of the study's findings, the panelists will dive into detail about what they’ve learned in the process of combining Smart TV and STB Data, answering the questions:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each dataset, and how can the combination help to each dataset to compensate for its limitations?
- What have you learned about the process of matching Smart TV IP address and STB data based on postal address?
- What is the best practice for compensating for unmatched households?
- What is the best way to apply weighting to compensate for biases in the datasets?
- How can the data combinations be validated?
- What are the complexities involved with combining multiple Smart TV and STB datasets?
- What steps could be taken to standardize the commingled processes or reported metrics for industry acceptance?
- What is the next aspect of data matching that should be studied?