India’s video streaming industry is huge with more than 40 operators. Global streaming service providers such as Hotstar (Disney-owned), Netflix and Amazon compete with domestic service providers such as Voot, MX Player, Zee5, Gaana, as well as a host of regional and ultra-localized players.
The growing number of OTT players is translating into more content and experiences for consumers, and, of course, more opportunities for advertisers to engage with them. However, in such diverse and vast market is important to have a clear view of the consumers’ profile in order to target audiences correctly. Below is a snippet of our latest Report: Booming OTT Market & New Players Seeking a Slice of the Pie where we analyzed the OTT industry in India answering questions such as: What are the audience demographic profiles? And how much time do they spend on each platform? And much more.
YouTube, Netflix & Gaana have higher engagement among users aged 35+
- Spotify, Hotstar & MX Player have higher engagement among younger visitors aged 15-24
Among Zee5 and PrimeVideo visitors, 25–34-year-olds engage most with the platforms
Largest share of OTT viewers are from Maharastra & Goa
- Over 1 in 5 visitors of Tata Play are from Maharastra & Goa
- Almost 20% of Voot, Alt Balaji, Netflix and Ullu visitors are from Maharastra & Goa
Visitors of this state cluster show high engagement for MX Player & Hotstar
Almost 1 in 3 visitors of ALTBALAJI.COM are from UTTAR PRADESH
- Visitors engage highly with Netflix. A visitor spends an average of over 300 mins on Netflix
- Majority of MX Players visitors are from UP after Maharastra & Goa
On average a visitor spends 2.5 X times more time on YouTube as compared to Netflix (next closest competitor by engagement)
To learn how Comscore can help you make business decisions with confidence, contact us.