Comscore Enables Holistic View of Online Consumer Engagement Through Launch of Total Digital Platform
Company aims to shift how the industry thinks about measurement – from a siloed, channel-specific perspective to a consumer perspective
RESTON, VA, June 14, 2022 - Comscore, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCOR), a trusted partner for planning, transacting, and evaluating media, today launched Total Digital, which integrates Comscore’s digital and social measurement solutions into a unified, user-friendly dashboard to provide marketers, agencies, and publishers with a holistic, always-on cross-platform view of how consumers are engaging with content and advertising.
Total Digital marries Comscore’s unparalleled digital measurement with social media insights and intelligence, as well as a new user experience, combining unduplicated, person-level data across a total of 193M desktops, 240M mobile phones, 140M OTT devices, and 670K panelists with social analytics from 20M brands, publishers and creators from over seventy countries. With Total Digital, marketers and agencies can:
- Easily identify key trends across web, mobile and social to make optimal content and advertising decisions across platforms
- Measure the impact of their social media and influencer strategy side-by-side with their broader digital strategy
- Leverage smart, shareable dashboards that are easy-to-use across the entire organization
Furthermore, this solution enables publishers to:
- Benchmark their website and social performance over time in a clear, easy-to-understand dashboard
- Explore and tell the story of their digital audience from a demographic, persona and scale perspective across platforms
- Clearly identify what content trends and formats are leading consumer engagement on platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, Twitch and more
“Consumers don’t think of channels in silos, and neither should measurement companies,” said Tania Yuki, CMO and EVP, Digital at Comscore. “With Comscore Total Digital, the industry can now analyze digital media–and eventually, all media–the way the consumer actually views it, as one continuous experience. This is the first of many new innovations that we’re excited to bring to the marketplace as we continue to integrate the Shareablee business into the broader Comscore suite of solutions.”
"With the added layer of Comscore’s rich social data, the total digital POV takes on a whole new meaning,” said Joe O'Donoghue, VP Product Design & Experience at Comscore. “We've created an environment that integrates the wealth of that digital and social information in an easily surfaced single place, enabling quick and easy storytelling with deeper audience insights across digital. We are excited to enable many new use cases for all of our clients, and to find new ways for them all to make creative and business decisions, driven by real-time insights.”
Insights available in Total Digital include:
- Video Views on Facebook for the Games category grew 43% year over year, but website video viewing dropped by 26%* during the same time period
- TikTok audiences* grew by 23 % overall, with notable change in 35+ which grew 40% year over year**
- Sports was one of the sole categories that has seen growth across all platforms with Website, video viewing (+46%) and social viewing (Facebook and Twitter)*
The launch of Total Digital follows Comscore’s acquisition of Shareablee in 2021, furthering Comscore’s commitment to provide the industry an unmatched understanding of cross-platform consumer engagement and reach.
For more information about Comscore Total Digital, visit: www.comscore.com/Total-Digital
*Comparing April 2021 vs April 2022 data, source Comscore Video Metrix™ - Video Views and Shareablee Data Explorer - (Category Total) Video Views
**Comscore MMX – Unique Visitors/Viewers April 2021 vs April 2022
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and TV audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement.