Senior Revenue Accountant
Job Title: Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: Reston, VA
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for managing the contract accounting, revenue recognition, and billing for the Comscore contracts of our business. This role will work with other divisions within Comscore to ensure all contracts are properly captured and revenue is recognized accordingly. The Senior Revenue Accountant must be able to ensure effective controls are in place for these processes and address any noted issues. In addition the Senior Revenue Accountant will support the close by doing journal entries and work on special projects.
What You'll Do:
- Work with key stakeholders within Comscore to ensure that all contract-related activities are accounted for timely and accurately.
- Review contracts, propose and document proper revenue recognition treatment
- Manage the project accounting, including billing, for Comscore contracts
- Assist in ensuring controls are properly documented for this division of Comscore
- Assist in identifying and implementing improvements to the process
- Identify any changes to the contracts and recommend appropriate actions and/or procedures where possible
- Perform monthly financial and ad hoc analyses to monitor the contracts performance
- Assist the rest of the Revenue Team with ad hoc projects
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Assist with month end financial close assignments as needed
- Assist with information gathering for external and internal audit requests
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Identify and account for contracts with Revenue Sharing arrangements included
- Record accruals related to revenue share payments and reconcile related accounts
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree, with emphasis in accounting CPA certification preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in all applications of the Microsoft Office suite Knowledge of revenue recognition, preferably ASC 605 and ASC 606, or aptitude to read accounting guidance and learn
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms.
With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Senior Revenue Accountant
Req ID: 22598
If you have previously registered with us and would like to edit your profile or view the status of your application, please log in.Login